Thursday, May 04, 2006

Hear ye! Hear ye!



Built To Spill released their latest album with some (if not all) fresh line up. Called "You In Reverse", the band seeks to explore new grounds in terms of not-so-pristine sound compared to Ancient Melodies of 2001. Listen to the full album streamed here, at Radio Indie Pop. But you have to register first ( for free). " Conventional Wisdom" is my favorite in this new album. Haven't read the reviews or whatever, damn the reviewers, Pitchfork Review or Stylus I think is so gonna kenakan this album. Kindly correct me (secara bersopan santun) if I`m wrong.

The Clockwork Orange ( Burgess), Junk (Burrough), The Day I Swapped My Dad with 2 Goldfish (a graphic work by Gaiman) and Rumo & His Miraculous Adventure ( Moers ) : a weird tale for peeps who also likes Pratchett are on sale at Borders for 15%. Who wants to treat me to any of these book, sangatlah dialu-alukan!


2 Comments:

Blogger anakabah said...

i love Built to Spill. i mean i loved Built to Spill.
these days whenever i read something like this, i'd go "oh, okay."
the urge to click or to download or to go out with a fat wallet to buy the CD is slowly fading away. it's still there, but then there's another issue of NOT having a fat wallet..(come to think of it, i dont even have a wallet right now. i walk around with my IC and my maybank card in my pocket, along with the jingling housekeys and whatnots).
i guess i'm getting old.
but don't get me wrong, i still love Built to Spill. it's just that it has become an entity to me rather than a band of musicians. and nobody really listens to entities anymore. they're just there to shape you into something.
so okay, i'm a lil tipsy. forgive me if nobody understands whatthe hell i just typed.

1:36 AM  
Blogger GEE said...

Tipsy is good...
It makes you more honest with ur comments...and u`r making sense.A lot of so-called indie bands are having this dilemma of whether or not they want to maintain their unique raw sound or go with the mainstream flow. There`s like a huge flow of artists in the indie scene that`s getting the mainstream attention and in the process, becomes an entity.

You `re not that old, mike. And damn you, you are so bersopan santun in your comment, peeps wont think you are that guy from hell. :) Thanks for the comment!!!

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home