Wednesday, June 21, 2006

BEFORE MY HIATUS...

I took leave until 30th June. My boss tried to look as calm as possible. How can he muster such courage and poise? His "star" officer, the brightest and creative of them all, is asking for leave for a week. Hehehehe. I am very good at exaggerating!

"Reasons?" Short and to the point. The answer unfortunately deserved a 12 credit hours of thesis work for an advanced degree. I listed down the reasons in my head while trying to look professional and pathetic at the same time. You know? The looks we always give to gain some understanding (and cheap sympathy) before we took long leaves abruptly from our work.

No.1- I need a holiday from everyone and everything. Well, maybe I give some special exceptions to my mom and cats in Ipoh, and grandma in Kuala Kangsar. I need free lodging when I stop in Perak during my road trip! And yummy kerabu perut and pajeri nenas will definitely await me on the table when I am in my grandma`s house. There goes all the cardio efforts!

No.2- I need to do some soul searching. I kinda lost my original soul on the day I said " you know, I think I can live in this country if PAS rules". Just kidding. I need to catch up with a lot of things that I overlook. A lot of tuning and major overhauls. I will definitely bring Albert Camus `s The Stranger, Orwell`s 1984 and Harvey Peckar`s American Splendour Anthology. The 2 former novels are always in my handbag/gym bag/knapsack- reread and reread until it resemble a pembungkus belacan. Minus the smell. Somebody said The Stranger is a soothing book, how very surreal because I felt the same way too. Camus has a way of connecting with the soul searchers of the world, I guess! ;)

No.3-When life sucks, I need a time off. Its either this or those sleeping pills. Chewah! No lah. I have a whole new chapter of human rights empowerment and education to start in July so might as well I unwind myself now before I find myself diagnosed with a severe case of depression.

So, to the not-that-many loyal readers of this humble blog, I will not be writing anything until July. Did I hear somebody say "Yay!"? I will definitely write something about my hiatus if I could ever stand the experience! hehehe.

So so long for now. Till then. Au revoir.


6 Comments:

Blogger erna dyanty said...

AHHH lite reading nyer untuk unstresskan keparas. oh yes a chick reading Camus, H.O.T!

what else is there to say.

happy tripping! yay! :D may you never find what you need and stay clouded just like me and everyone else...tee hee hee no lah.. come backk soon ye, xxx

5:08 PM  
Blogger Keropok said...

You read Camus? as si mata empat says "H.O.T"

Do you read GG Marquez too? Or JP Satre? That wld be "H.A.W.W.W.T"...

Enjoy your hiatus... come back soon.

5:36 PM  
Blogger GEE said...

Hi 4 Eyes,
U know what? maybe I will get more clouded when I am back! Hehehehe...but perhaps wiser? C u on the 30th?

Keropok...are u keropok udang or lekor? If lekor, than you are damn H-O-T ! ;) I do read JP Satre , Camus and GG Marquez (in that order please). And I never know THAT makes me HOT. If only i knew earlier *sigh*

:) See you guys in July!

6:57 PM  
Blogger GEE said...

Hi 4 Eyes,

4 All we know, I will be more clouded when I am back but of course wiser...hehehe. C you on the 30th hot chick?

Keropok: Yes, I read Sartre, Camus and Marquez (in that order please). If only I knew earlier, THAT makes me a HOT chick *sigh*...

:) See you guys in July!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Naziehah said...

Happy Holiday-ing! =)

5:07 PM  
Blogger Gallivanter said...

When life sucks, I take timeoff, when life doesn't suck, I take timeoff too....sorry, that's the best I could think of right now...hahahaha! Have a good one! Cheezels & Pappadoms!

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home