Friday, August 18, 2006

"Malaslah..."

An opposition purist had a long talk with me on the telephone before bedtime last night. I am the type that enjoy talking so much that I could be some sports announcer or a 24-hour news anchor in my other life (yes, I do retain some amount of hope for THIS kind of belief, it makes blaming a much more easier task when you have something else to blame). But politics before bedtime? I want to have nice sweet dreams no nightmares.

OP: Are you following Pak Lah-Dr.M `s cat fighting?
ME: No. Couldn't be bothered. Why?
OP: Apalah u ni. Kata political? This is a good start for us to grab the opportunity and bash up BN.
ME: Who is "US"?
OP: Opposition lah.
ME: Oh.
OP: U ni dah tak radical cam dulu lah. Dah cam slow jer. Pak Lah-Dr.M tengah bergaduh tu, if we take Dr.M`s side and give him a platform, habislah Pak Lah.
ME: Radikal tu apa?
OP: Ala...buat-buat bodoh plak.
ME: I tak ikut. Malas lah. Banyak lagi hal lain. Pak Lah ke Dr. M ke, semua tu product sistem yang sama, parti yang sama. Nak gaduh, gaduhlah..Kalau mengikuti perkembangan cat fight tu, radikal, then, I tak nak jadi radikal lah.

We talked for another 5 minutes before he called it off and said talking to me is getting boring. Sure, whatever. He called the shots and I was just being polite. Because when it comes to Pak Lah-Dr. M `s clash, I just couldn't be bothered. Its a clash of ego, for all I know. Its not productive and does not benefit the layman at all. The news about their clash has been hoarding the main page of our mainstream newspapers and I figured a lot of other social news, urgent in nature and of more importance to the rakyat, were forced to take a back seat as the clash of the BN titans dominate the limelight.

So, sorry. The outcome of the clash does not interest me. There is no guarantee that all the attention and spotlights given to them could alter any social and economy policy in the country. The least that could happen (miracleously or not) is that a bridge will be built to make someone happy. Itu sahaja.

Taklah best sangat.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home