Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Going to Geneva feels like "balik Kampung"...

2/10/06 : "Oh gee, it seems like you' re up for Geneva".
4/10/06 : Hop on Emirates, stopped at Dubai, switch to British Airways at Heathrow....
5/10/06 : Hearing in front of UN CRC Committee ( Don't ask me for leaks, it was a private affair)
6/10/06 : Hop on British Airways, stopped at Heathrow, switch to Emirates at Dubai....
7/10/06 : Arrived in KLIA with a bemused look and overwhelmed feelings.

Like majority of peeps that caught the so called "cockney" bug would exclaim..." That was bloody fast, ".

Did I get to see the high fountain at Lake Geneva? Nope, and I was just at Palais Wilson where the hearing took place.
Did I get to visit the museums, I read somewhere there is a contemporary art museum located in the small city. of course, not.
Did I take pictures? Yes. 5 lousy copies of me either A; painstakingly trying to take a pic of myself while at the same time, balancing myself and ensuring the background was still at the err..back.. or B; asking some locals who walked passed me, who was on a hurry and who took my picture just for the sake of taking.

Nightlife? What do you mean nightlife? The shops except for the bars and pubs lasted until 7 pm. In fact, I was consumed by the tension and pressure of the hearing that I was weary and weak after the whole affair and went back to my room and zonked before 11 pm.

Did I buy a cuckoo clock? I wanted to. Except my swiss francs and euros depleted by the moment due to expensive cab fares, meals and homemade chocs. A trip to Geneva and my mid-month account balance was a match made in hell.

What, then made the trip AT LEAST, something to remember?
Bernina Hotel was a nice comfy small hotel,
Tau, the cab driver was informative, funny and shared some very sentimental accounts of his Kampuchean roots,
The UN Human Rights Commission Office was cool and the CRC Commitee consist of very interesting people with a knack for killer questions beginning with the word 'Why...",
The weather was damp, cold and melancholic but I love it. Actually, I always wanted to experience Autumn in an European country,
The taste of hot chocolate melting in my mouth made me felt warm, sexy and jovial all at the same time. Not forgetting, extra kilos to boot.

But, like what some of my hubby`s friends commented on my trip, " Cepat giler, macam balik kampung jer...".

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The taste of hot chocolate melting in my mouth made me felt warm, sexy and jovial all at the same time"

That's nice and to do it in Geneva must be all worthwhile ;)(terasa nak minum hot chocolate padahal baru pukul 11!)

Welcome back!

11:14 AM  
Blogger GEE said...

hey cigar_man,
i hope you are the cigar _man i thought you are. ;-)...

I love good quality chocs and Geneva was literally "infested" by choc shops and you can get real hot ones right from the oven! So, do I have any choice? Hehehe... Should have stayed longer at least during the weekends, but all flights are full.

Next time lar kot...sat lagi break your fast with a mug of hot choc and a cigar, ok? :)

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

was it cigar_man or cigar_guy. Lupa lar.

"infested" by choc shops and you can get real hot ones right from the oven!"

Oh man! The choco aroma must have been heavenly!

hot choc and cigar? yum dgn Boston Legal on the telly lagi....hmmmm.

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey gee!

Pergi Geneva tak ajak! Wait...tak kasi tau kat we all kat sini.How's life? Eh, aku dengar u pregnant? hahahaha betul ke?

Bukak puasa OU Saturday on ke tidak?

5:03 PM  
Blogger GEE said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:48 AM  
Blogger GEE said...

hi dilla,

welcome aboard! We all know how u fare in the IT world..;-)

okie..plus ur invite, i already got 3 invites for buka puasa. suddenly, everyone wants to buka puasa with gee..;-). coincidently, your invite coincides with my SEMESTI batch invite to buka puasa at OU and i haven't say yes to that yet. but i'm game for ur asam pedas on sunday, how's that?

dweeb.. i called u from geneva and i even called ur hubby when u dun picked up the phone. nvm, got some real white chocs for u, i will drop by and pass u the chocs. and NO, i'm not pregnant. It was false alarm + gossip liar. You of all people shud know my health condition and work craze syndrome.

till then, keep in touch..

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home