Monday, December 18, 2006

Maternal Instinct Pt.2

"First trimester is gonna be a bit hard, take care!"
"Take more minerals and calcium in your diet"
"If you walk ah, walk you know, don't run like you used to do, got baby inside"
"Take more veggie, get baby girl, take more meat, get baby boy tau!"

Being preggy obviously turning me into a walking digital recorder. Whenever I bumped into anyone who know the news, a new advice willl surely popped from their mouth and I will push my "RECORD" button while displaying a grateful+annoying smile. If only I am more cycnically enteprising, I would have compiled all the advices and produced a book entitled 365 Advices For Mom To Be. Unfortunately, I am not. And the reason is because I am soooo sick.

An hour after the doc congratulated Union Guy and me for our first baby, my body went into a rampant biological warfare. Nausea, fever, coughing fit plus my waist ached whole day long when in fact I was naturally healthy, nice and sweet before we met the doc. Its like all my body cells were waiting at the bringe while chanting "say it, doc! say it doc! we can't wait to go crazy".
As for eating, what do you mean eating? Whatever I take for the past 3 weeks only qualified as nibbling, slurping or sipping. The very sight of anything fried or deep fried kills me. Don't even start on the smell of my neigbours "menumis" during lunch. I could be seen running into my bedroom, hiding under the blanket as I can puke at the very smell of 'tumisan". The tom yam seller near to our home has been having friendly chat with Union Guy after how many nights in the row, all I could eat is tom yam. He might be trying to talk my hubby into entering a 8 month contract of tomyam supply for dinner, for all I know.

Throughout my ordeal, I kept on whispering to the RM1 sized embryo in my womb, "It has been hell for the first 3 months, please be a nice nice boy or girl when you come out," I wonder if that was what Richard Hell 's mom told him when he was still an embryo inside her. Hmm...

1 Comments:

Blogger Fakyew said...

Tiap2 hari makan tomyam ka? Nanti anak akak cakap siam very fluent lah

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home